- “Big Bad Singer” profiled by the New York Times
- Won “Singer of The Year” in Jamaica
- Top 10 Best Selling Album for Japan Tower Records (in regards to debut album ‘In Heaven’ )
- New album features #1 hits “Cant Get Over You” and “Always On My Mind,” and in Jamaica
- Single, “On My Mind,” held the #1 position on several charts including markets in Jamaica (5 weeks), New York (3 weeks), and Florida, and is still charting in Europe, Africa, and now the U.S.
- Single, “On My Mind,” is crossing over to both the urban and alternative music market in Tampa, Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, Miami, Columbus, OH and San Diego.
The smooth sounds of Lover’s Rock, Dancehall and R&B are carefully orchestrated on Da‘Ville’s upcoming album ‘On My Mind,’ released by VP Records on March 27th, 2007. The singer/songwriter is holding the reins and steering his sound into a fresh direction.
As the new lover’s rock icon of his generation, Da’Ville has planted the seed in his native country Jamaica with a string of #1 hits and is branching out into international markets with these breakout smashes (also featured on his new album). Lead single, “Can’t Get Over You,” took Jamaica by storm and immediately charted to #1 spot this past summer. The smash was within the top ten reggae countdown in Jamaica, held #1 position in Aruba and #2 position in New York. Then the title track of his new album, “On My Mind,” held the #1 spot on the RE Reggae Charts in Jamaica for almost two months before his newer singles, like “This Time I Promise” began to pop up and take precedence. Beyond Jamaica, “On My Mind,” became the most requested songs in Italy and now is generating a buzz in the U.S, showing up on urban as well alternative radio stations, like WLLD-FM Tampa, KDLD-FM Los Angeles, WBLS-FM New York, KVGS-FM Las Vegas, WHQT-FM Miami, WWCD-FM Columbus, OH, and XTRA-FM San Diego.
Da’Ville blends an old-school flavor reminiscent to the legends while adding a youthful and vibrant spin on his upcoming album, ‘On My Mind.’ Whether he is pleading for forgiveness on tunes like “This Time I Promise,” expressing a women’s worth on the charming ballad “On My Mind,” or having his heart held captive on the smash “Cant Get Over You,” Da’Ville masters the art of love and persuasion. With sweet vocals, strong songwriting skills and a production team consisting of Da’ville, as well as, O. Thomas and J. Brown of Fashozy Records, this lovely album plans to break untapped ground and open new doors for this ‘Big Bad Singer,’ Da’Ville.
For more info, see attached bio or contact:
VP Records Publicity
89-05 138th St.
Jamaica, NY 11435